In response to the Covid-19 scare, many schools have moved online and parents seem to have assumed the role of teachers and are becoming more savvy with resources created for home-schoolers to cause minimal disruption to their children’s education. The main purpose of this session is the provide ways in which we can overcome common issues faced during this transition.
- Understanding the tools used.
- Internet availability, network speed, Limited bandwidth.
- Parents Availability.
Planning to conduct a session on the first topic as a start.
Understanding the tools used.
Tools to be covered in this session.
- Using Google Meet as an interactive tool
- Using Zoom as an interactive tool
- Creating a YouTube channel and using the same to upload content.
- Use of google drive. (Creating an email list and sorting videos content as per class and subjects)
- Creating what app groups class wise.
- Creating email groups
- creation, discussion groups
- Use to offline tools, like uploading content on pen drives, etc. (may be once a week it can be distributed to parents maintaining social distancing)
- Use of antivirus tools.
Any other tools information is needed, please let know.
Internet availability, network speed, Limited bandwidth.
- Having content uploaded to drive
- Creating interactive videos and uploading them rather than interactive sessions.
- Sessions can be helped once or twice a week in smaller batches.
- Understanding parents needs and problems
- Maintain excel files with the list of parents
-- Number of children
-- A class in which they study
-- Availability of laptop, media devices (no of devices)
-- Timing of each student
Please feel free to contact me for any more information, or to conduct smaller sessions in groups. Mostly available Saturday and Sunday.