One Day Workshop - Getting Started with Drupal
Drupal is a free and open source Content Management System written in PHP. With Drupal you can create a simple personal homepage, a company website, a blog, an ecommerce site, etc. Hundreds of modules are available for use with Drupal. You can create slide shows, events calendars, a contact form, product catalogs, polls or surveys, guestbook, a forum or blog, or newsletter signup. The possibilities are endless. Basically, there are no limits with Drupal, you really can make any type of website you want.
Getting Started with Drupal
- Drupal is a CMS
- Basic architecture of Drupal
- Manual installation on a web server
- Uses of Drupal
Administration and Site Maintenance
- Understanding users, roles and permissions
- Creating menus
- What are nodes?
- Managing URLs
- Taxonomy overview
- Themes and Blocks Explaining the module architecture.
- Configuring the blog, poll, forum and webform modules Themes overview.
Content types and Views
- How content works with Drupal
- Creating custom content types
- Adding new CCK modules: Date, Email and Link Using Views to display content
- How themes work
- Ways to create your own theme
- Sub-theming with the Bootstrap
- Creating a Drupal 7 site (Practical)
- Good understanding of HTML. CSS and PHP knowledge would be helpful but not required.
- local *AMP development environment that supports PHP and has a MySQL database.
- Wifi enabled laptop